Monday, June 25, 2012

Our Girls Trip

For Christmas we surprised my mama with a girls trip to Savannah, GA.  We "gave" her the gift on Christmas but didn't actually go to Savannah until April.  Here are a few pictures of our trip; however, it cannot capture the fun we had, catching up we did (mostly my sister!), and all the food we ate!

The four of us at a famous house I cannot remember:

The first night we were in Savannah we took the "ghost tour".  Sara June Wheeler was our tour guide and she said "it was MURDER"!  I guess you had to be there but I will forever think that's funny!
 We ate A LOT while we were there.  One day we went to Ms. Wilke's.  It was a round table style restaurant and the line starts forming outside pretty early.  Here we are in line that morning:

The last night we ate at Paula Deen's restaurant.  It was good.  I had the chicken pot pie.

 Here's mama with Paula.  Ok, not the real one but a life-size cardboard cutout.

We also went to a 60s, 70s, and 80s show the last night.  It was great.  The thing I remember most is that they were pulling a few people on stage and my sister leaned over and said I can't get on stage because I didn't put on my lipstick.  Yep, that's right.  Then she told me she was wearing her "fat shirt".  She is so funny.

This is the food from Ms. Wilke's restaurant.  The food was "southern" and abundant.  We sat at a table for 10 or 12 people and there were many bowls of different foods that you passed around.  She is famous for her fried chicken.  Of course, I did not try it but everyone said it was great.  Here is a picture of some of the food:

Here we are at one of the 24 (I think) squares in town.  Can't remember which one!
We had a great time but I think we were all ready to get back home.  I sure did miss those kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment