Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July Wedding

Well we had an eventful Fourth of July.  We did not have the DVD players in the car yet, so the kids and I had lots of conversation.  On the way to my parents' house I explained why we celebrated the holiday.  Not sure they soaked it all in but it was enough for Addie Lee to make me stop in the middle of their road so she could say the Pledge of Allegiance to the huge flag painted on my daddy's hangar door.  Very patriotic.  We then went swimming at Gran's house and lastly to friends' house for grub (which was delicious and I did not have to prepare or clean up!).  Here is the Fourth of July queen:

I know the suspense is killing you, so on to the wedding.  Well it was a wedding for Addie Lee and Uncle Sam.  I was sleeping at the time but this is the translation from my sister (mine is the shortened version, if you know KiAnne!).  Addie Lee was dressed up and had her veil and flowers and for about 15 minutes was talking to Uncle Sam (a stuffed one my mama puts out around the holidays).  So KiAnne asked what she was doing and she answered "I'm getting married".  So here are the pictures of her very first wedding:

She is obsessed with kissing on the lips and since the only way you can do this is to be married (yes, that's right, not before) she of course had to seal the deal with a kiss!  Hilarious!
She is getting such an imagination and I love it!  She can play with her Barbies for a long time (just like me).

Kimber refused to let me take any pictures of him, but he was dressed in the colors as well and looked very cute!  Happy Independence Day!  Special thanks to all of our veterans and their families for all of the sacrifices!  Our country would not exist without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment