Monday, November 7, 2011

The Joys of Motherhood

Dustin and Kimber had a stomach bug on Saturday, the good new is that it lasted only around 12 hours.  However, this is not the "joy" I'm describing today.  As I was laying in the bed watch Toy Story 3 for the third time I began to think of the "joys" I love most of motherhood:

1. Holding them and listening to them breathing.
2. Hearing both of them say "I love you." and knowing that they truly mean it!
3. Rocking them before bed and singing to them and especially hearing them sing with me.
4. Reading books to them b/f bed.  I never read enough for them!  And they both have their favorite books.
5. Watching their faces when they realize they have learned or conquered something new.
6. Hearing them giggle, I mean belly laughing giggle.
7. Watching those two play with each other.
8. Holding and comforting them when they don't feel good.
9. Seeing them run to me and call my name with joy every time I walk through the door.

These are just a few of the things I am thankful for with my children.  I know they will grow up too soon but I will cherish these moments for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment